favorite this postTax Assistant- Temporary Position (Tamuning, Guam)hide this posting
compensation: $10.00 or more depending on experience, educational background. Bonus incentive employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Tax Assistants job opening for this tax season are for full-time or part-time. Tax assistants provide support to an organization's tax or accounting department. Their role is a combination of administrative assistance and accounting support. They must be able to run an office, as well as perform higher level functions, such as processing tax returns and maintaining files. Primary work responsibilities include gathering client information, input information, and maintaining excellent, friendly, professional client relations. This is a job where you will be exposed to many different information and clients- confidentiality and a high level of professionalism are very important. You must be able to comfortably interact with clients over the phone, email, and in person. Must be diligent and can prioritize work effectively. Must be able to ask questions to associates and manager when needed. Must be able to perform other tasks such as organization of the office and filing system and upkeep of the office area and must run errands with personal vehicle, gas reimbursement will be provided.
**Employment is expected to last approximately from mid January through mid or late April or May. Some Night and weekend work required. This company is an "At will" employment.
• To make all clients feel welcome once they come in and to show clients your appreciation before they leave office. Assistant must be friendly, helpful, accurate, efficient, and professional. Must display professionalism through actions and attire at all times.
• Must be team-oriented, when needed
• Must be able to handle criticism professionally and show improvements.
• Maintain and process individual and business tax forms and other pertinent tax info. for our tax clients returns
• Scan, Print, Copy all tax data and correspondence, when necessary
• Collate information for tax preparation and collate returns for clients to be paper filed or e-filed by manager- put returns to be filed in correct location at all times
• Invoice or/and provide receipts to clients at all times
• Follow up with clients, manager, and supervisor on a regular basis
• Manage appointments and confirm date and time with clients before their appointments
• Prepare spreadsheets or documents, as required
• Provide back up support and administrative tasks for manager and employees
• Accuracy of filing tax documents in correct location
• Run errands and ensure all documents are complete before leaving office and are received when filed. Ensure client and file copies are returned back and filed immediately when returning to office
• Assemble tax returns in paper format as well as electronic format
• Labeling of documents; printing, scanning, and photocopying of tax and other confidential documents
• Work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with some overtime on evenings and weekends may be required especially for to meet deadlines
• Perform other duties as assigned and handle miscellaneous tasks, includes cleaning, errands requests, and other tasks assigned by manager when needed
• Assist tax professionals and tax manager in handling taxation matters.
• Answer and respond to clients' inquiries on their tax questions or problems, take notes, and speak and ask clients' questions in a professional, respectful, and friendly manner, and relay info. to an associate who can help you respond to client in a timely manner.
• Be organized in handling all tax works and assignments for tax professionals and managers.
• Assist and support tax practitioners and manager in filing tax returns on time.
• Organize and manage all tax returns, reports, statements, and documents relating to clients.
• Maintain strict client confidentiality relating to their tax matters.
• Adhere to tax professional standards and ethics in tax assistant functions.
• Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Results and action-oriented in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Ability to work confidently within varying degrees of ambiguity
• Must show confidence in your work and must be detail oriented. Double check your entries, verify all info. was taken into account, or verify all forms provided are complete and correct, be able to show clients that you are thorough and still maintain efficiency in helping clients.
• Strong judgment and confidence in decision making when appropriate, if not able to do so, please ask/call manager or ask an associate on shift who is able to help you
• Attention to detail and accuracy in all work
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple and conflicting tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, QuickBooks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a short term, seasonal role
• Follow policy and procedures Maintain confidentiality
• Learn quickly, multi-task and retain detailed information
• Work independently and in a team environment
• Work under time pressure and meet deadlines while producing accurate work and maintaining a professional attitude
• Dependability in regards to attendance and punctuality
• Successfully handle administrative details and routine day-to-day issues independently, assuming responsibility without constant direct supervision after training period
• Strong computer, organizational, communication and time management skills
• Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States and U.S. possession.
• High school diploma or GED certificate
• Office background with experience is a plus with a general knowledge in tax preparation, bookeeping entries on Excel or QB, and/or payroll preparation reporting are preferred but not needed.
• Certification in Tax, QuickBooks, or Bookkeeping, Trade School, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Bookkeeping or Accounting is a plus.
• License as a Notary Public is a plus.
We welcome your interest in being a part of the team. We offer our associates an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork.
APPLYING: Email Hiring Manager at the email address on this post with an updated resume. You can request an employment application, please text your full name and your email address to show contact info
. No drop ins or no drop offs of your employment application or resume at our office. You will reply to the email address that sent you the employment application. We will call you if we would like to set up an interview. A police and/or court clearance may be needed, only if requested.
Deadline for submitting resume or employment application via email or in person is 01/16/2019. Start date: Immediately upon hire
OTHER INFO. : Starting at $10.00 or more depending on experience. Bonus incentive will be given after tax season to employees who show excellent or great work ethics, ability to learn quickly and enjoys the learning experience, shows great work improvements and performance, detail-oriented, maintains and strives for accuracy, very dependable and reliable, shows actions of respect, helpfulness, and friendliness to superiors, associates, and to all clients. Lastly, employee must be diligent and show actions to handle and take care of our clients to go beyond our clients expectations.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers