Position Title: Part-Time Case Worker/Cultural Mediator for Micronesian Resource Center One-Stop Shop Project
To apply - Send Resume, Cover Letter and three (3) professional references to: show contact info
• This is a one year grant funded position and is contingent on availability of funds
• Application deadline - August 22, 2018
Job Description: The Case Worker/Cultural Mediator is responsible for assisting clients in navigating community and government services; facilitating orientation trainings and information workshops; management of client caseload; and promoting the services of the Micronesian Resource Center One-Stop Shop. The position is for 20 hours per week.
Priority is given to candidates who meet the following qualifications
• High school diploma required
• 3 years of experience working in social services or related field
• Experience working with special populations and migrant populations
• Bilingual in English & Chuukese or English & Pohnpeian (Essential Requirement)
• Valid Guam driver's license and ability to be covered by agency liability insurance
• Competent in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated understanding of migration issues and sensitivity to diverse communities
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Assist in providing orientation workshops and general information services to clients who have recently migrated to Guam from the Freely Associated States.
• Collaborate and consult with other service providers to ensure delivery of services to clients.
• Engage clients from diverse and challenging backgrounds.
• Assist in the implementation of education and outreach activities in targeted communities.
• Establish and maintain trusting relationships with constituents and community/cultural leaders.
• Understand and have the ability to refer needs or problems to appropriate service providers.
• Facilitate workshops and information sessions to improve integration process of Micronesian families.
• Inform community members of activities and programs delivered by the Micronesian Resource Center One-Stop Shop.
• Serve as a representative of the organization and project.
• Manage and encourage attendance and participation in Micronesian Resource Center One-Stop Shop services and events.
• Maintain client files, data collection and other reporting requirements as determined by funding agency.
• Other administrative tasks related to program operations.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guam is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace. All new-hires are contingent upon a drug test and criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers