Hourly Biological Technician positions are available with Colorado State University (CSU) and the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). These positions will be physically located at Joint Region Marianas, Guam
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
The Biological Technicians will conduct biosecurity inspections, invasive species control and interdiction, ungulate fence and Brown treesnake barrier inspection/maintenance, and other duties. The Biological Technicians will also be responsible for entering invasive species/biosecurity management and monitoring data.
Work efforts involve:
• Conducting a variety of invasive species monitoring and management activities including inspecting cargo
• Enter invasive species/biosecurity management and other monitoring data, maintain and prep equipment and supplies for fieldwork, assist other staff with other activities as needed.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in with natural resources or agricultural inspections. Experience needs to be well-documented and acquired under the employment of an academic institution, governmental agency, private company, or non-profit organization in the appropriate field.
• Must have experience conducting fieldwork, and accurately recording, entering, and proofing data.
• Must be capable of walking several consecutive miles while carrying gear and performing manual labor in a hot tropical environment on uneven terrain on most days.
• Ability to take photographs and collect samples of plants, insects, and animals for identification.
• Ability to use compass, maps, data tablets, and GPS.
• The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• Must be willing to submit for NACI background check to obtain a DoD Common Access Card.
• Experience working in Micronesia in the biological, natural resources, or agricultural fields.
• More than one (1) year experience with natural resources or agricultural inspections.
• Experience conducting inspections of cargo for invasive species.
• Experience implementing methods for operational control of brown treesnakes.
• Experience working on a military installation and working with military headquarters-level staff.
• Familiarity with DoD/Navy environmental and safety regulations.
PAY RATE and DURATION
Pay rate is $16.51 hour.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Email each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf) to show contact info
. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (letter addressing each qualification described in announcement as well as list of equipment experience)
3) Three references (contact information for professional references including at least one supervisor, references will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce, and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
See a complete listing of open CEMML positions at http://www.cemml.colostate.edu.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers